The Foothills. So hot right now.
Here at Watermark we ran our first event this past Saturday, and we are seriously stoked. Participants raced all over the foothills competing in challenges to be named the winners of The Great Dash, and have now experienced some of the BEST that the Foothills has to offer. We partnered with our fave local businesses, and we have to say –you people rock! High fives go to:
1. Bali Bling: it’s basically a wonderland full eclectic items- and our racers in were all up in there.
2. Motto Burrito: these gals are fabulous and make a mean burrito that is seriously full of flavor. You’ll find them in Turner Valley!
3. The Country Diner: Kim and Curtis hosted our Great Dash breakfast, and we are so thankful they did. With full bellies our racers were able to focus on what matters- crushing the competition (obviously). They have the best burgers and pizza, and also, they are basically the nicest people ever. Go there now (Turner Valley yo).
4. Branch Market and Studio in Black Diamond: Ok, so this store is AMAZING. We promise you. Just go. These girls are so sweet rand they have the most gorg home décor products, and wicked classes that we would highly recommentd.
5. Eau Claire Distillery in Turner Valley: Their rep precedes them- they’ve quickly become an Albertan must-see. Their spirits are already winning awards, and the fact that they have wicked, welcoming staff is just the cherry on top.
6. Cotton Candy Store in Black Diamond: Flavoured popcorn- check. 1000 gillion candies- check. Fluffy coloured floss- check. What more could you ask for? Nothing. That’s what. The sugar high we got from this fuelled us in the race.
7. Vogel Rustic Re-Creations in Turner Valley: Chelsey is creating art from super different material and she does unique paintings, also up-doing furniture.
8. Route 40 Soup Company/Studio Me in Okotoks: a gym for your mind, body and soul, this is a place you MUST visit. Mark and Jody will welcome you with open arms.
9. Unwind Wool Shop in Okotoks: Kathleen is offering a wide variety of yarns, patterns and tools, and our racers got to learn how to knit a row. DEF visit this place.
10. Freshii in Okotoks: If you don’t know about Freshii, you’ve basically been missing out on life. Are you busy? Ya probably- who isn’t? You literally couldn’t ask for a better quick, healthy option, and our racers got to go behind the scenes and
learn how to use a juicer with the awesome owners
11. Bistro 1882 in Okotoks: This historic gem was something we just HAD to have on our Great Dash route. They specialize in homemade cuisine (like… awesome, amazing cuisine), they have the friendliest staff, and to cap it off the atmosphere issssssss perfect.
12. X’s and O’s Boutique in Okotoks: a premier love shop, with awesome, knowledgeable staff to help you enhance your intimacy and sexual well being.
13. Okotoks Film Festival in Okotoks, a group of passionate, creative individuals ready to knock your socks off with their vision for film in this area. Let’s support, and drive their incredible dream.
14. Emporium of Impossible Things in Okotoks has an array of gifts, household items including vintage, upcycled, consignment and handmade artisan items.
15. On Tap Oil and vinegar in Okotoks, stocks more than 65 flavors of oil and vinegar, these delicious oils and vinegars can be used in many different ways in or with your food. tap
16. Rylie’s Cattle Barn in Okotoks, is the place for all occasions, amazing atmosphere, great staff, good food and cocktails, and fantastic local live music.
Special thank you to the Western Wheel and The Eagle for promoting The Great Dash. You all are amazing! Watermark would like to challenge you to get a team in from your group for our next Great Dash in October! What'd ya say?
Also to Nutter’s Bulk and Natural Food for kindly donating prizes for our winners of The Great Dash, you are amazing!